Rescue workers comprising officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the state Fire Services have evacuated one more dead body from the rubble of a building that collapsed in Oshodi, Lagos on Saturday.
This brought the number of the casualties to six. Three had been confirmed dead, while three persons sustained injuries. The injured are receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital.
On Saturday, a bungalow being converted into a duplex, collapsed on Popoola Olafuyi Street, Ewutuntun, Oshodi, Lagos killing two persons instantly.
It was learnt that two of the persons that survived the incident did so by a stroke of luck as the building fell a few minutes after they left to buy some articles.
An eyewitness, Mr. Olusola Semiu-Kuti, said eight persons were working on the building when it fell.
He said, “The building was being reconstructed. People are not living in it. I think the new owner was trying to remodel the building before it collapsed. I am not a building professional to know what must have been responsible for the collapse.”
A relation of Yusuf Popoola, one of the victims, Mr. Nasiru Adeola, lamented the death of his 21-year-old nephew
Copyright, Blaise APLOGAN, 2010,© Bienvenu sur Babilown
Toute republication de cet article doit en mentionner et l’origine et l’auteur sous peine d’infraction